Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading.
Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
- Grab your current read
- Open to a random page
- Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
- BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
- Share the title and author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers
Today I have two teasers for you. Glitch by Heather Anastasiu and Girl of Nightmares by Kendare Blake both come out today!
And then, as the last door swung open and my eyes were stung by blinding light, I learned the answer to at least one of my questions.
Adrien wasn't trying to help me at all.
He was trying to kill me.
- Glitch by Heather Anastasiu, pg 42. (My review)
"You're thinking about food now?" Carmel asks.
"Hey, you haven't spent the last three days fasting and doing herbal rue steams and drinking nothing but Morfran's gross chrysanthemum purification potions." Carmel and I grin at each other in the mirror. "It isn't easy becoming a vessel. I'm freaking starving."
- Girl of Nightmares by Kendare Blake, pg 107